SBI PO Notification 2020
SBI PO Notification 2020,has recently decided to release SBI PO 2020 notification pdf for around 2200 vacancies in April 2020. State Bank of India is the leading bank of India and it is a dream of many candidates to be a part of this prestigious institution. Now that the golden opportunity is here, aspiring candidates wouldn’t want to miss out on their chance to join SBI.
According to the official SBI PO notification 2020, there are also some changes introduced in the examination pattern. After the release of notification, the registration process has already started to recruit candidates in SBI and its Associate banks. After joining the bank, candidates will be posted anywhere in India. To qualify for the interview, candidates must clear prelim and main examination. The final selection of the candidates will be based on merit.
SBI PO Notification 2020 April in Covid19 Updates,SBI PO Exam Dates, SBI PO Vacancy, SBI PO Exam Pattern & SBI PO Exam Syllabus, SBI PO Exam Application, Cut Off & MoreSBI PO Notification 2020 April in Covid19 Updates,SBI PO Exam Dates, SBI PO Vacancy, SBI PO Exam Pattern & SBI PO Exam Syllabus, SBI PO Exam Application, Cut Off & More
How many students appear for SBI PO exam?
SBI PO Notification 2020
As of previous year it was expected that SBI will release Probationary Officer Notification in the month of April 2020 but due to COVID-19 Epidemic SBI has delayed the recruitment. It is expected that SBI will launch the official Notification soon after the lockdown opens. Once we get any news regarding notification we will update instantly, candidates are requested to visit this page regulary. Moreover we will also update candidates in this regard through sms/email.
SBI is expected to release 2000+ Probationary officer vacancies this year. This recruitment will be for SBI as well as its associate banks alsoEach and everything will be mentioned in the Official Notification itself.
SBI PO Notification 2020
SBI PO Notification 2020
SBI PO Vacancies 2020
Every year more than 20 lakh aspirants appear for the SBI PO examination. The vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers in SBI for 2020 will be updated soon once the SBI PO 2020 official notification is released:
d & e
SBI PO Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
Find below the Tentative SBI PO Exam Date 2020. If you want to more update about SBI PO exam wait for Official Notification and also check official Website:
|Online Application Form Date||May 2020|
|Application Form of SBI PO Last date||June 2020|
|E-Admit Card Start Date for Preliminary Exam||To be Notified later|
|SBI PO 2020 Exam Date (Preliminary)||To be Notified later|
|Preliminary Exam Result||To be Notified later|
|Release of Admit Card for Main Exam||To be Notified later|
|SBI PO Exam Date 2020 (Main)||To be Notified later|
|Main Exam Result Date of SBI PO||To be Notified later|
|SBI PO Admit Card Release Date for Interview||To be Notified later|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||To be Notified later|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be Notified later|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||To be Notified later|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||To be Notified later|
Salary Structure SBI PO 2020
Basic Pay of SBI PO is higher among other public sector banks. The entry-level of basic pay is higher in SBI when contrasted with other nationalized banks. The beginning basic pay is Rs 27620 with four advance increments in the compensation size of 23700-980 (7) – 30560 – 1145 (2) – 32850 – 1310 (7) – 42020.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria – 2020
Graduation Degree: The eligibility criteria for the SBI exam is a graduation degree in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, BSc, B.Tech, etc., from a University recognized by the Government of India. A candidate who possesses the same qualification from the university recognized by the Central Government is also eligible to apply for this exam.
Candidates should have a valid Mark-sheet / Degree:
The certificate which supports that they are graduates on the day they were registered for the exam.
The percentage of marks obtained in Graduation should be mentioned at the time of registration for the SBI-PO examination.
Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as SBI PO exam is conducted online.
Language Proficiency: Candidates should have verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
Nationality / Citizenship of Applicants:
Candidates applying for SBI PO Examination should be one of the following:
1. Citizen of India
2. Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
3. Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
4. Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
Age Eligibility of candidates applying for SBI PO Examination:
Candidates applying for the SBI examination should be 21 years old but not more than 30 years old at the time of registration. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category wise candidates as per the government rules:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
Now Ensure Success in SBI PO 2020, if your target is the SBI PO exam, then start practicing on the SBI PO test series. Do not miss to practice on topic wise/Chapter wise and speed test to evaluate your performance, which helps you track and build your speed.
SBI PO Notification 2020
The selection process of SBI PO consists of 3 phases (preliminary, mains and interview). The candidates must qualify each of them to go on to the next phase.
The important steps of the SBI PO Recruitment Procedure are as follows:
- Online Preliminary Examination:
Sufficient number of candidates in each category is shortlisted by SBI depending upon the requirements for Online Main Examination
Candidates need to qualify each section as well as the overall cut-off in the main exam to be eligible for an interview but in the year 2017, there is no Sectional cut off in SBI PO mains exam.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The selection process of SBI PO consists of 3 phases (Preliminary, Mains and Group Exercise/Interview). The candidates must qualify each of them to go on to the next phase.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The SBI PO preliminary examination is of one-hour duration and is conducted online. It has 3 sections with having 100 questions in total with a maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in SBI PO pre-exam as 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer. Candidates must clear the sectional cut-off to qualify for the SBI PO Main exam. The section-wise details are given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of the Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- I.Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for a total of 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|S.No.||Name of Tests|
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
SBI PO Notification 2020
SBI PO Interview
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. An adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises & Interview under the ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit an OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under the General category will not be entertained.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
A penalty for every incorrect answer will be marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. Every wrong answer will be penalized by deducting 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. in case, no answer is marked by the candidate.
Final Score Calculation for SBI PO Exam:
There are certain important points on the basis of which the final score for the SBIPO exam is calculated:
• Marks scored in the Preliminary Exam (Tier-1) will not be considered in the final score. These are only taken into account to qualify Mains Exam (Tier-2).
• Candidates need to qualify Phase-2 and GE/Interview individually to be eligible for the final worth.
• The ratio of marks between the Main exam and interview for the final merit list will be 80:20 respectively.
• The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- Results of the candidates who have qualified for Group Exercises & Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. The final select list will be published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar and also on Bank’s website.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020
SBI PO syllabus is much similar to that of any other bank exam. There are three major sections that a candidate needs to prepare to ace the preliminary exam. These are Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. The sections have a wide range of topics on which questions are based
SBI PO Prelims Exam Syllabus 2020
This comprises of Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Mixtures &Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound|
Interest & Surds & Indices
|Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &|
SBI PO Notification 2020
PO Mains Exam Syllabus 2020
The Mains Examination of SBI PO consists of 5 sections: Reasoning & Computer, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness, and Descriptive Test (LetterWriting &Essay)
|Reasoning||Data Analysis & interpretation||English|
|Verbal Reasoning||Tabular Graph||Reading|
|Syllogism||Line Graph||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Bar Graph||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer|
|Double Lineup||Radar Graph Caselet||Word Association||Banking and|
|Input Output||Caselet DI||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Fill in the blanks||Computer –|
|Course of Action|
SBI PO Pre Exam Training
Bank may arrange pre-examination training at certain centres for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by the Government of India. Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training at their own cost may indicate to that effect against relevant column while applying on-line. An indicative list of training centres is given below :
The Bank may add additional centres or may delete some of the centres indicated for training. Candidates opting for pre-examination training should download their call letter for training by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from (Tentative in April) onwards from Bank’s website. No hard copy of the call letter will be sent by post.
Candidates belonging to above-mentioned categories can undergo training by signifying the same against a relevant column, at the time of applying on-line.
The pre-exam training is free of cost with other expenses like travel, food and lodging expenses are incurred by the candidate. Generally, it is conducted five days before the exam and the dates are announced on the official website. Please find below an indicative list of training centres:
|North India||South India||East India||West India|
SBI PO 2020 Online Application
The registration for SBI PO Exam 2020 will be done online. In order to avoid any technical errors please make sure that the web-browser used to fill up the SBI PO 2020 Application form is one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
- Google Chrome 3.0 and above
- Candidates applying online must have the following pre-requisites:
- A valid Email Id
- Photograph and Signature scanned in the prescribed size
- Application Fee must be paid online so all document required for online transaction
- The SBI PO 2020 application form can only be filled on the official website.
- Before proceeding with the registration and application process, all candidates are requested to go through the complete guide for SBI PO Online Application?
How to apply for SBI PO 2020 Exam?
Before applying for SBI PO 2020 Exam there are some steps that every candidate needs to know. These are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the link ( mention the link for registration ), then click on the NEW REGISTRATION button at the top right corner of the home page of the link given above to begin your registration procedure for SBI PO 2020 Exam.
- Step 2: Begin your application process for SBI PO 2020 by giving your basic information like name, contact number, email id, etc. and click on save and next button.
- Step 3: Upload your recent photograph and specimen signature in the format desired by SBI in the official notification of SBI PO 2020. The size of the photograph should be 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm and must have passport size with white background. Photograph and signature should be clear and legible. The photograph should be of 20 KB to 50 KB minimum size and signature should have 10 KB to 20 KB.
- Step 4: First of all one needs to mention the following
- Category (SC/ST/GEN/OBC) and the caste to which you belong.
- Mention if you are a person with any disability
- Mention if there is any pending dispute related to loan/credit cards etc.
- Give details in case you were an ex-employee of SBI or currently working in SBI as Clerk/any other Officer
- Character related details
- Aadhar Card and PAN Card Number to be mentioned
- How many attempts given SBI PO Exam before applying for the current exam
- Opt for the desired centre for the exam for the Prelims & Mains Exam.
- Step 5: In the second part of the third section of the Application Form, fill in the educational qualifications
- Step 6: further mention the category in case you belong to the reserved category. It is necessary to mention in case you wish to take SBI PO Pre-Exam Training and do mention the centre option for pre-exam training.
- Step 7: After successfully clicking the Submit button, a preview of the form will be generated on the screen. It will be followed by a mail to your registered email address where a confirmation message with authorized registration number and subsequent password for the application form will be sent.
- Finally, click the declaration box to confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the exam and submit the form.
- Step 8: Pay the Application Fee through Online Payment Option, i.e. through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking for SBI PO 2020 Exam.
- Step 9: Then click Submit Button and the application form will be submitted successfully
- Step 10: Further mention your Personal Details such as Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Correspondence Address, Permanent Address, etc.
The Participating Organizations will hold an Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank. Group exercises account for 20 marks while the Interview accounts for 30 marks.
- Final Result:
The Final result is declared on the basis of a candidate’s overall performance in SBI PO Mains and Interview Rounds.
- Provisional Allotment:
The provisional allotment of the eligible candidate is released on the official website. The SBI allots Location to the candidates on the basis of the preferences they have made at the time of the online registration.
Looking to crack SBI PO 2020? Start preparation with IBT’s SBI PO Study material now!
SBI PO Application Fee
The category wise application fees for SBI PO exam are given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online. To know more please check the complete guide for SBI PO Application
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Admit Card of SBI PO 2020
State Bank of India has to release the admit cards for SBI PO 2020 Exam on its official website. Aspirants who have applied for SBI PO Exam 2020 can visit the website and download his or her admit card at https://sbi.co.in/careers/
Besides Admit Card, SBI has released a booklet by the title “Acquaint Yourself”.
This booklet has the details regarding PO Exam related to various facts regarding the online exam. It has also specified the type of test which will be provided in the examination.
All the aspirants are hereby informed to download their respective Admit card of SBI PO Exam 2020 from the official website.
Those who have applied for the PO Exam can follow the steps given below to download their admit card.
Steps to Download SBI PO 2020 Admit card
1) Visit the official website of SBI PO
2) Click on the link “PO 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket” which is visible at the homepage of the official website.
3) Enter your SBI PO 2020 registration number, date of birth and security pin in the given format at the pop-up page which will appear after clicking on the given link.
4) After you furnish the details on a given format your admit card of SBI PO 2020 will be displayed on screen. You are advised to check the relevant details carefully such as name, city, state, code of eligibility and category filled in SBI PO application form before you download the admit card.
5) After you have thoroughly checked the details then you can download and take a printout of the Admit Card for your reference and use.
SBI PO 2019 Results
SBI PO Final Result 2019 Out
SBI PO final examination that included group exercise and interview was held in September 2019. The SBI PO prelims exams were conducted on 08th and 09th of June followed by the Main exam that was conducted on the 20th of July 2019. State Bank of India has released the final result for the post of selected Candidates as a PO. You can check the list of selected candidates from the link given below.
How to check SBI PO 2019 Final Result:
- Visit the careers section of official website of State Bank of India
ii.Go to the latest announcements section
iii. Click on SBI PO 2019 final result
iv. Find your roll number in the merit list
SBI PO Main Result 2019 Out
SBI PO Mains Result 2019: SBI PO 2019 Mains exam was conducted on 20th July 2019. All candidates who have appeared in SBI PO 2019 Mains exam can check their exam.
All candidates can check SBI PO Mains Result 2019 by clicking on the link mentioned below:
SBI PO Prelims Result 2019 Out
SBI has released the SBI PO Pre Exam Result. SBI PO Prelims Exam was held on 8th and 9th June 2019. Team IBT congratulates all the Selected Students for SBI PO Mains. SBI PO Mains Exam held on 20th July 2019. Candidates who appeared for the Preliminary exam of SBI PO can check their results from the link provided below.
SBI PO Previous Year Exam Analysis
In order to streamline the SBI PO Exam preparation for the year 2020-21 there is a dire need to analyze the previous year exam pattern and trend followed by it.
Let us discuss the topic-wise SBI PO 2018 Exam analysis held on July 8, 2018 (first slot)
There were a total of 100 questions which were to be attempted in one hour. The exam was held in 2 slots one in the morning and the second one in the evening. Each question carries one mark each and there was negative marking for every wrong answer with as much as .25 for each mistake.
The topic-wise analysis of SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2018 is as follows:
|Section Name||Questions||Level of Difficulty||Good Attempts||Time Taken (In Minutes)|
SECTION WISE CUT OFF FOR SBI PO Prelims 2018 is given below:
|English Language (Out of 30)||8.5 -10.5||5.5-7.5||5.5-7.5||5.5-7.5|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Out of 35)||10 -12||6.5-8.5||6.5-8.5||6.5-8.5|
|Reasoning Ability (Out of 35)||6 – 8||3.5-5.5||3.5-5.5||3.5-5.5|
|Overall Objective Test (Out of 100)||51-55||48-52||43-47||31-35|
Topic-wise analysis of SBI PO exam 2018 English Language Section
|Name of the Topic||Number of questions||Difficulty Level|
|Spot the Error||3||Easy-Moderate|
|Match the Column A and Column B||5||Moderate|
Reading Comprehension (RC) had moderate level questions. It had two questions from Vocabulary (1 Synonym and 1 Antonym). Therefore, overall difficulty level of this section had a moderate level.
Topic-wise analysis of SBI PO 2018 Exam for Quantitative Aptitude Section
|Name of the Topic||Number of questions||Difficulty Level|
|Number Series (Series Completion)||5||Easy-Moderate|
|Comparison of two quantities : Quantity I and Quantity II||5||Moderate-Difficult|
|DI (Double Pie Charts)||5||Moderate|
|DI (Table – Profit/Loss based)||5||Moderate|
|Comparison of Variables||5||Easy|
|Time, Speed and Distance||1||Easy-Moderate|
|Profit, Loss and Discount||1||Easy-Moderate|
|Miscellaneous (Quant based)||2||Easy-Moderate|
Topic-wise analysis of SBI PO 2018 EXAM Reasoning Ability Section
|Name of the Topic||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|AR (Data Arrangement – 8 persons/Arts, Science/Commerce/Different Age-based)||5||Moderate-Difficult|
|AR (Linear Seating Arrangement – 2 Parallel Rows)||5||Moderate-Difficult|
|AR (Data Arrangement – 8 People/Month based)||5||Moderate|
|AR (Data Arrangement – 6 people with different No. of factories)||5||Moderate|
|Coding-Decoding –Set based||5||Easy-Moderate|
|Alphabet Arrangement / Alphabet Series||1||Easy|
|Ranking based – Total 15 peoples/Rank from top and bottom||2||Moderate|
SBI PO Final Cut Off 2019
SBI PO Cut-Off 2019: State Bank of India (SBI) has released the SBI PO final cut-off marks for SBI PO 2019 exam. The Mains exam for SBI PO 2019 was conducted on 20th July 2019 while the interview was held in the month of September. Here we are sharing SBI PO 2019 Prelims, Mains, Interview & Group Exercise and FInal Cut-Off.
SBI PO Mains Cut-off
SBI PO 2019 Mains exam was conducted on 20th July 2019. The category wise mains cut-off marks for shortlisting Group Exercise & Interview are mentioned below:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250)|
|D & E||75.14|
SBI PO Cut Off for Group Exercise & Interview
The category wise qualifying marks for shortlisting Group Exercise & Interview are mentioned below:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 50)|
|D & E||17.50|
SBI PO Final Cut Off
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Normalised to 100)|
|D & E||33.37|
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off
Here are the Cut-Off Marks for SBI PO 2019 Prelims Exam:
Click Here to Check Score Card here
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2018
Minimum Marks to be secured to be shortlisted for GE-cum-Interview (Objective + Descriptive Test): 250
Minimum Qualifying Marks
Category wise SBI PO cutoff for the GD and Interview Rounds of SBI PO 2018 Exam (Out of 50 Marks)
SBI PO Final Cut-Off 2018
SBI PO Preparation Tips 2020
- As the official notification for the SBI PO exam 2020 are out, the candidates should follow the syllabus thoroughly. The students must note carefully that from last year, there were two major changes and these changes are- the introduction of sectional timing in the SBI PO Prelims exam and no sectional cut-off in the Prelims and Mains exam.
- The students should properly check out the SBI PO Cut-off marks of previous years (as mentioned above) and set their targets.
- As the syllabus is wide-spread and elaborate, the students are required to organize a strategy that should have proper time-table date-wise and topic-wise, so that maximum topics can be covered in few months.
- Do an honest self-analysis and then plan a strategy for preparation. You should understand your strengths and weaknesses and work hard on weakness and polish your strengths.
- The students should properly examine previous year papers to understand the important topics from examination point of view.
- In order to crack this highly competitive exam, regularity and punctuality are the prime requisites. You should study regularly at a proper time table.
- For reasoning ability section preparations, you should try to solve maximum word problems and number problems.
- In the Quantitative Aptitude section, you should significance on Arithmetic based topics and try to polish your basics and solve numerical problems.
- For the English section, you should develop a habit of reading English newspapers, informative magazines, noted books, and novels etc. It will enhance your word power, vocabulary and polish your grammar skills to the greatest extent.
- In the General/Economy/Banking Awareness section, you should try to accumulate knowledge about the banking sector and the latest economic developments in India. In the Static GK section, you can refer to standard books while reading English newspapers will help you in preparing current affairs properly.
- In your entire preparation period, you should always make a list or notes of important aspects of each topic. It will summarize the entire syllabus into short notes which will be of great use in your revision stage before the exam.
After reading SBI official notifications, it’s the right time for every interested aspirant to set their targets and start preparing for the forthcoming SBI PO 2020 exam.
SBI PO FAQ’s
Q1. How many vacancies are expected to be there?
Ans1. The total number of vacancies is expected to be more than 2200 for Probationary Officers (PO).
Q2. What qualification is needed for SBI P.O. job?
Ans2. A candidate appearing for SBI PO exam needs a Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
Q3. Will there be a common interview after the written result?
Ans3. Yes, there will be common interview. The SBI PO selection process comprises of a personal interview stage.
Q4. Is 60% necessary in graduation to become an SBI PO?
Ans4. No, 60% in graduation is not necessary to appear for SBI PO exams. Percentage in graduation is not considered in the eligibility criteria for SBI PO exams.
Q5. Is a B.Tech student eligible for SBI PO exams?
Ans5. Yes, a B.Tech student is eligible for SBI PO exam. A candidate only needs to have a Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
Q6. What percentage is required in graduation for the SBI PO exam?
Ans6. Percentage in graduation is not considered in the eligibility criteria for SBI PO exams. A candidate only needs to have a Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
Q7. Can a B.Sc graduate apply for SBI PO exams?
Ans7. Yes, a B.Sc graduate can apply for SBI exam. To appear in SBI PO exams, you just need to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
Q8. Can a BA student apply for the SBI PO exam?
Ans8. Yes, a BA student can apply for the SBI PO exam. All the candidates having a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University is eligible for bank exam.
Q9. Is there a bond after the selected candidate joins State Bank of India as a PO?
Ans9.The selected candidates, at the time of joining, will have to execute a Bond for a value of Rs 2.00 lac (Two lakhs only) to serve the Bank for a minimum period of three years. The Bond will be invoked by the Bank if the candidate resigns from the service of the Bank before expiry of three years from the date of joining.
Q10. When is the exam for SBI PO scheduled?
Ans10. The SBI PO exam is held in the month of June/July every year.
Q11. Is it a bilingual exam?
Ans11. Yes, except the English language test as the other tests are conducted bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Q12. Whether examination has negative marking?
Ans12. Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Q13. What is the selection procedure of SBI PO?
Ans13. The recruitment procedure of SBI PO will take place in three steps:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam (Objective + Subjective)
Q14. Will there be any sectional cut off for SBI PO Exam?
Ans14. Yes, there is sectional and overall cut off in Prelims as well as Mains Examination. A candidate has to qualify both the cut-offs in order to secure the seat for the next phase of the exam.
Q15. What is the age limit for SBI PO exams?
- To apply for IBPS PO exam, a candidate must be 21-30 years of age.
- Age relaxation of 5 years is provided to candidates belonging to SC and ST.
- The candidates of OBC categories are given an age relaxation of 3 years.
- The ex-servicemen and the candidates having Jammu and Kashmir quota are also given an age relaxation of 5 years.